I’ve always liked baking, there’s something about a homemade cookie that is just so much better than anything you can buy! I don’t bake a lot during the year, but once the Christmas season comes around, I tend to go a little crazy with the baked goods, making more than enough to share with my friends and family.
- 42 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 1 pkg. (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 4 pkg semi-sweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- In a food processor/blender, blend the oreo cookies until they are a fine dust
- Reserve 1/4 c. of the cookies
- Mix together the cream cheese and remaining cookie crumbs
- Form cookie mixture into 1 inch balls and place on a lined baking sheet
- Freeze for 10 minutes
- Melt chocolate using a double broiler, or use a boiling pot of water with a bowl on top like I do!
- Dip cream cheese balls into the chocolate, and place back onto the lined baking sheet
- Sprinkle the tops with the reserved cookie crumbs
- Refrigerate 1 hour, or until firm