I wrote about PranamatEco last November, when I reviewed the Pranamat they generously sent me to try.
I loved (and still love) my Pranamat, and use it regularly to ease my muscles, relax, and increase blood flow. You can read the original post about why I can’t live without my Pranamat here.
When the PranamatEco team reached out to me to send me a PranaPillow to complete my set, I admit I was skeptical. Full disclosure, the exact words that went through my head were: “why do I need a pillow? I can just prop my mat up on a normal pillow and hit that spot in my neck, I sure wouldn’t be paying for a pillow…but I guess I’ll try it if they’re sending it anyways…I mean I do already love my mat.”
I take all those words back. The difference between using the PranaPillow instead of the mat with a pillow underneath it is astounding. For a product I never thought I would need, I am so grateful to have it now.
The PranaPillow is very similar to the Pranamat in the following ways:
- the PranaPillow is an acupressure pillow
- Acupressure is a traditional Chinese therapy that is used to relieve tension, stress, boost the immune system, increase circulation, reduce pain, break down fat deposits, and improve cellular function
- Made with natural, environmentally friendly materials that are hypoallergenic
- The lotus flower massagers are HIPS plastic, certified for use in surgical equipment
- 30 day money back guarantee
- 5 year warranty
- Worldwide shipping, and delivery is usually within 5 days
- Instead of being filled with coconut fiber and lying flat like the mat does, the PranaPillow is filled with 100% natural buckwheat hulls, which allow the pillow to be molded into any position and conform to your body.
- It is PERFECT for the back and sides of my neck, the curve in my lower back, and I also love to put it behind my thighs with my feet slightly elevated when I’m lying on the couch, especially after a run!
- It is smaller and more portable when you need relief for smaller, more specific areas of your body
I work in an office sitting at a desk staring at a computer all day, so I carry a lot of tension in my neck, shoulders, and upper back, especially since I have the worst seated posture ever. The PranaPillow works perfectly for these trouble spots, especially since it conforms to the curves in my back to really pinpoint the tight spots.
I had a surgery last week which involved having my abdomen filled with carbon dioxide gas, and a lot of it remains in my body after surgery. One of the ways to release it is to walk and move, but I’ve been struggling to remove the last of the lingering gas from my shoulders and neck. Using the pillow a couple times a day in those trouble spots has really made a difference and helped to relieve the pain!
The Complete Set
I adore my full set. I have both the Pramat, PranaPillow, and my sweet mom bought me the travel bag for Christmas, so I am prana-portable now! Both the mat and pillow are turquoise/turquoise (obviously), and I have the turquoise/natural bag.
My favorite part about having a complete set is that now I can focus on more of my body at one time! I will place the pillow on my neck and shoulders, and then lay on the mat from mid-back to bum. It took some getting used to having that many lotus flowers on my body at once (221 on the mat and 95 on the pillow, and each flower has 25 pressure points!), but as soon as I stop tensing, relax my body, and breathe normally, it feels amazing.
The combination of the Pranamat and the PranaPillow have done wonders for my body and mind:
- less muscle tension
- mild decrease in cellulite on my upper thighs/hamstrings
- better sleep, wtih less waking throughout the night
- fewer, and less severe, headaches
- less DOMS after a workout
- 20 minutes minimum of relaxation per day with no cell phone
The products are versatile and travel friendly! I can use either the pillow, the mat, or both, while lying on the floor, couch, or on my bed. I have even taken my mat to work with me when I am feeling especially tight.
I can also now travel with my Pranamat, which you can bet I will be doing when I go on my cruise to Greece, Italy, Montengro, and Spain in July! Those long haul flights and 18 hour travel days will definitely require some acupressure time and I can easily take my Pranamat as a carry-on now with the carrying bag!
A key update from my original post – you can now buy the bag separately by visiting Pranaline – this was my only complaint about the products, and it’s been rectified! I have nothing but pure love for these natural, high-quality, gorgeous, and amazing products.
Click HERE to check out the site and their amazing natural products, and you can save some money automatically when you use this link!
Financial compensation was not received for this post. A sample product was gifted from PranamatEco. This post contains affiliate links meaning I receive compensation if an order is placed after using a link I provided. All thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own and not influenced by the developing company and/or its affiliates in any way.